We will develop improved methods of early diagnosis for CVD and prediabetes for individuals. We will also improve existing risk prediction techniques including finding ways to make screening equitable, particularly for Māori and Pacific populations.
By identifying the disparities in CVD risk factor management, particularly with co-morbidities (where people are suffering multiple conditions), we will develop more effective treatments.
Equitable cardiovascular and diabetes risk prediction: Better cardiovascular and diabetes outcomes in Māori, Pacific, and Indian subcontinent ethnic groups
Science leader and principal investigator:
- Professor Tony Blakely, University of Otago, Wellington
- Professor Rob Doughty, University of Auckland
- Dr Allamanda Faatoese, University of Otago, Christchurch
- Dr Matire Harwood, University of Auckland
- Associate Professor Andrew Kerr, Counties Manukau Health DHB
- Associate Professor Malcolm Legget, University of Auckland
- Associate Professor Rinki Murphy, University of Auckland
- Dr Anna Rolleston, University of Auckland
- Associate Professor Sue Wells, University of Auckland